Sunday, August 23, 2009

Moving to a New Place

So moving to Columbia has been quite interesting to say the least! Speeding to get down here to my A/C in my apartment not working to not being able to sign up for classes due to a hold on my account to missing people back home. It has been quite an adventure thus far in the matter of my four days of being here! And also has been quite an emotional one too, but I know God will help me through it! I feel like I need to be trusting in Him more and more, and feel like I truly haven't been.

I have had so many thoughts in my mind that make me think, do I really want to be doing this? Am I cut out for being a Marriage and Family therapist? Will I be able to find a job quick? I ask these questions because a lot of it is deriving out of what I am currently going through in my life. I've told many of my friends that I should/do not need to be any sort of romantic relationship with anyone at the moment because I need to be making an effort on healing my heart by myself with God, and look at me now...I sort of have this thing with a boy from home and yet acting silly because in my head I feel like this long distance thing is gonna work when I don't know if it will...and he isn't a live out my life for Christ Christian where as I try to be and he said to me he wants to work on that...so what am I suppose to do? I can only make an impression on him, but cannot change his heart because God has to do that! Or am I being totally stupid for thinking of any of these?! Part of me thinks I am being totally and utterly stupid in even thinking things are going to work out and the other part of me thinks, "hey, maybe I can make an impression on him and pray that God works through his heart." I hate my mind sometimes...and that I'm boy crazy! ha! and yet I want to work with people with marraige and family problems when I have relationship problems with myself! I am hoping that my Personal and Spiritual Development class helps me out with this! I am just frustrated with myself at the moment along with other things! And I don't want this blog to be about me complaining with what's wrong in my life, but with what is happening in my life and this just happens to be what's going on....awesome first blog huh? haha

On a different note, I am all moved in my apartment and LOVE the fact I am right across the street from my best friend and spiritual mentor! I seriously would be freaking out if it wasn't for her! I just wish my A/C would work properly...if anyone knows about the South...it gets HOT! So that's one prayer request I would love to have someone pray for along with finding a job too! That's the goal for this week! Finding me a job...

Well am off to go to Midtown and looking forward to the message tonight!

Much love and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment